Why is Fast Fashion Bad?
Fast Fashion forms a key part of the toxic system of overproduction and consumption. The fashion industry produces 10% of all humanity’s carbon emissions and is the second-largest consumer of water supply.
Conventional cotton requires enormous quantities of water and pesticides whereas polyester, one of the most popular fabrics, is derived from fossil fuels, contributes to global warming, and when washed, sheds microfibres that add to the increasing levels of plastic in the oceans.
The speed at which garments are produced also means that more and more clothes are disposed of by consumers, creating massive textile waste. 73% of the 53 million tonnes of fibres used to make clothes and textiles are burnt or sent to landfills every single year.
About Swap Fashions
Swap Fashions is an online Thrift Store that empowers women by enabling them to declutter their closets, upgrade their fashion quotient without burning a hole in their pockets, and to do their bit for the environment.
Swap Fashions facilitates preloved clothes selling/swapping and thrifting as alternatives to shopping and gives a second life to unwanted clothes which would otherwise be dumped into the landfills.
Swap Fashions enables millennial urban women to be responsible and fashionable at the same time.
Thrifting is buying preloved/ second-hand clothes.
1. Thrifting helps you to buy great fashion at affordable rates.
2. It not only increases the shelf life of an outfit, it also reduces the demand for new clothes in the market, thus preserving the precious resources of our environment.
Why Sell/Swap ?
You can either Sell or Swap your branded, preloved clothes with Swap Fashions. Swapping is when you give your item in exchange for another item. If you decide to sell, we will give you cash for your clothes.
1. Selling or Swapping helps women to get rid of their excess clothing, reducing clutter and improving their emotional well-being
2. Through Selling or Swapping with Swap Fashions, unwanted items which would otherwise end up in landfills are sold or exchanged with like minded persons who cherish & utilize them.
3. Clothes get a second life thus ensuring lesser clothing wastage.